Thursday, December 6, 2012

Exciting news!!!

  I have been wanting to write a post for a long time now, but I had some news that I wasn't ready to share yet. I didn't think I could manage to write a post without accidently revealing my exciting news, so I held off on blogging for a while. But, now I'm back and ready to tell you....

Woody and I are having a baby!!!!


We found out on September 27th. I am now 15 weeks along :)

The news came as somewhat of a surprise since we weren't actually planning this. We had talked about wanting to start "trying" in the fall. But I had a yoga retreat in Kauai coming up in October and Woody was going to Indonesia for a surfing trip. We wanted to wait until after both of us returned from our trips before we began trying to make a baby. Well, sometimes things don't always go as planned. We found out I was pregnant about a week before I was to leave for my yoga retreat, and just a few days after I cut off all my dreadlocks. Talk about some major changes and transformations! Coincidently (or maybe not!) the same day we found out we were having a baby, we also received news that we were going to be moving into an awesome, beautiful new house! Things seemed to be completely aligning and falling into place beautifully :)

Now here we are in our beautiful new home and my belly is growing a little bit bigger every day :)

8 weeks!!!
8 weeks!!!
8 weeks!!!
8 weeks!!!
10 weeks!!!
10 weeks!!!
10 weeks!!!
10 weeks!!!
12 weeks!!!
12 weeks!!!
12 weeks!!!
14 weeks!!!
14 weeks!!!

YAY!


Here's a fun little pregnancy survey :)


How far along: 15 weeks

Baby's size: About the size of an apple or navel orange. About 4 inches in length and weighs about 2.5 ounces. 

Total weight gain/loss: I think I've gained around 7-9 pounds.

Stretch marks: No new ones! 

Sleep: I have to get up and pee several times a night but generally I've been sleeping pretty well. There have been a few random nights of slight insomnia where I was wide awake for a few hours in the middle of the night, but that has only happened a few times. I'm not nearly as tired as I was in the first trimester and have been getting probably around 8-10 hours of sleep every night.

Best moment this week: Hmm...This isn't exactly pregnancy related but my brother came to visit from Wisconsin and stayed with us for 5 days. It was the most time I spent with him in YEARS and it was really special. I also made some super yummy biscuits that made me really happy :) OH! And I had decaf mocha with hazelnut milk that was pretty off the hook. I've been having a lot of good moments lately :) 

Miss anything? Not really. I'm surprised I don't even really miss wine or beer that much! I was missing coffee a little bit, but then decided I felt ok with drinking some decaf every once in a while. I thought I was going to miss eating raw fish when Woody and I go out for sushi, but I discovered that eating veggie rolls, tempura and seaweed salad fulfill the sushi craving quite nicely :)

Movement: Not yet ;)

Food craving: Any and every single kind of bread or cheese I can get my hands on. Other than that, I've been eating pretty normally.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! Thank god my morning sickness has passed. The first trimester was pretty rough. My morning sickness kicked in when I was on that yoga retreat that I mentioned (Lucky me, right?!) and it lasted for several weeks. It felt like I had a non-stop hangover. I didn't want to eat any vegetables and pretty much lived off cereal, crackers, bread and cheese. At least I'm enjoying my veggies again!

Gender: We're not going to find out ;) It's going to be a surprise! But, it feels like a girl to me :)

Belly button in or out? In

Happy or moody most of the time: I would say happy! But, Woody might tell you a different story ;) I guess there was this tiny incident where I had a meltdown and sobbed for like 10 minutes because Woody came home from surfing one morning with a scone for himself and my brother...but, no scone for me. Needless to say, I doubt Woody will make that mistake again!

Looking forward to: Everything! My belly growing, feeling the baby move, being a mom, seeing Woody as a dad :) Feeling so blessed and excited for this beautiful new journey in life!