Thursday, June 9, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins and other good stuff :-)

Hey there loves! I wanted to make sure and do a quick post today because tomorrow I'm going to Harmony Fest! I'll be there all weekend, so I probably won't be able to do any more posts until Monday. I should have thought to arrange a couple guest posts, huh? Well, if anyone is inspired and wants to bust out a guest post for me and email it to me today or tomorrow, it would be most welcome! I'm only kind of serious ;-) 

My breakfast this morning is definitely worth sharing. I must show you!



I made Heather's Cake Batter French Toast topped with her Creamy Cashew Drizzle. (Thanks Heather, you're a genius!) In between the slices of french toast is the result of me not being able to make up my mind: peanut butter, almond butter, jelly, strawberries and banana. I'm actually grateful for the indecision because the combo turned out awesome :-) 

I've done a little baking lately :-) It occurred to me that I couldn't remember the last time I baked anything with apple in it, so I decided to make some apple cinnamon streusel muffins. 




Adapted from The Happy Herbivore

Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

3/4 cup Pamela's Gluten-Free Baking Mix
1/2 cup oats
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup grated apple
1 tsp vanilla extract

For the Streusel Topping:

1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
dash of sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl prepare the streusel topping. Combine all the ingredients and mix until combined. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the baking mix, oats, sea salt, and spices. In a separate bowl, mix together the applesauce, maple syrup, grated apple and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Lightly oil your muffin tins or use muffin tine liners. Fill them up about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the streusel mixture on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Makes 6 muffins.

They turned out delicious! Woody told me to add these to his list of "favorites." :-)  

Ok, I'm off!  When I come back, I will have lots of fun festival pics for you! 
And seriously, I know this is super short notice but if anyone has the time and inspiration to do a guest post for me this weekend, that would be amazing. Just email it to me anytime this weekend. I will be checking my email throughout the weekend, I just won't have the time to blog. If no one comes through for the guest post, no worries at all! Just putting it out there. 

Something to reflect on:

"YOU are one of the miracles of creation. Address yourself with respect and wonder." 

~Excerpt from DV Trimmer from my We'Moon Calender

( I think I may have posted this quote before. It's ok. It's a good one! Love yourself!) 

I hope you have a beautiful weekend! Does anyone have any fun plans? 

Much love! <3