Friday, April 22, 2011

A sweet and tasty life!

I can't think of a better way to begin the morning than with yoga.

(Source)

And fresh squeezed juice.

(Source)

And grocery shopping!





I've said it once and I'll say it again, I LOVE grocery shopping. It's satisfying for me to go to the store and stock up on lots of healthy foods to make nutritional meals with.

Like, tamales!



Ok, this was not homemade but I needed a quick lunch today and this did the trick! I added some fresh greens, avocado, goat cheese, nutritional yeast, garlic gold and hot sauce. Simply divine. And SO filling.

I had a training session with my personal trainer today which totally kicked my butt! I was already feeling a little worked from yoga this morning so now I'm feeling the burn double time! I think some foam rolling and some nice gentle stretching is needed this evening.

I made a tasty little smoothie when I got home from working out. I think I'll call it:

Coco-Kale Green Smoothie

  • 1 banana
  • Handful of kale
  • 4 small dates
  • 1 tbsp coconut butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 ice cubes
  • 1 cup coconut water

Makes about 2 cups. I ate it out of a bowl with oats on top. :-) Woody had some too and really liked it, even though when I first told him I was putting kale in it he said, "Uh oh." 

Yesterday I made some delicious treats that I MUST share with you. 

Almost Raw Donut Holes
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
  • 1/2 cup ground oats
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp allspice
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 tbsp maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp melted coconut oil 



Simply combine all the ingredients. Roll into bite sized balls. And then cover them with shredded coconut. Like this! ;-)


Look at my little pinky! Haha. Why does it do that???


These are such a delicious healthy treat! 

I also made some Chocolate Bliss Balls. But this time, I used almonds AND walnuts, instead of just walnuts. And I rolled them in some shredded coconut too cuz that's just how I roll ;-) 



I love yummy treats! It makes life feel so gourmet and delicious. What's better than living a sweet, tasty life? 

I don't know what I'm making for dinner tonight but maybe it will be something like this.


A delicious bowl of brown rice cous cous with steamed kale, carrots, broccoli, swiss chard and beets topped with black beans, tomatoes, sprouts and almond butter sauce. That's what I'm talking about! 

Wishing you a lovely, relaxing evening! I hope you all are living a sweet and tasty life! Much love <3